Animations can add subtle visual cues that notify users about what's going on in your app and improve their mental model of your app's interface. Animations are especially useful when the screen changes state, such as when content loads or new actions become available. Animations can also add a polished look to your app, which gives your app a higher quality feel.
Keep in mind though, that overusing animations or using them at the wrong time can be detrimental, such as when they cause delays. This training class shows you how to implement some common types of animations that can increase usability and add flair without annoying your users.
- Crossfading Two Views
- Learn how to crossfade between two overlapping views. This lesson shows you how to crossfade a progress indicator to a view that contains text content.
- Using ViewPager for Screen Slides
- Learn how to animate between horizontally adjacent screens with a sliding transition.
- Displaying Card Flip Animations
- Learn how to animate between two views with a flipping motion.
- Zooming a View
- Learn how to enlarge views with a touch-to-zoom animation.
- Animating Layout Changes
- Learn how to enable built-in animations when adding, removing, or updating child views in a layout.